BK Micro Car Collection BK GROUP - Helsinki
A licensed Irish desing made in Britain after unsuccesful production in Germany

Trojan 3-wheeler - 1964

Trojan was a British automobile manufacturer; the

eponymous marque thereof was produced between 1914

and 1974.

In   1959   the   company   was   bought   by   Peter   Agg   and   from   1960   to   1965   he   built   under   licence Heinkel   bubble   cars   selling   them   as   the   Trojan   200,   the   last   vehicle   to   bear   the   Trojan   name. The   company   acquired   the   rights   to   build   the   Elva   Courier   sports   car   in   1962,   producing   210   cars between   1962   and   1965   when   production   switched   from   road   cars   to   the   McLaren-Elva   racing car. The   company   existed   as   Trojan   Limited   (Company   No   134254   having   been   incorporated   on 27/02/1914)   until   19/03/2013,   though   no   longer   operating   from   the   Croydon   factory   which   has been sold, on which latter date it was dissolved via "Voluntary Strike-off". The   Heinkel   Kabine   was   a   microcar   designed   by   Heinkel   Flugzeugwerke   and   built   by   them   from 1956   to   1958.   Production   was   transferred   under   licence   to   Dundalk   Engineering   Company   in Ireland   in   1958   but   the   licence   was   withdrawn   shortly   afterwards   due   to   poor   quality   control. Production   restarted   in   1960,   again   under   licence,   under   the   Trojan   200   name   by   Trojan   Cars Ltd. in the UK, and continued until 1966. The   Heinkel   Kabine   were   also   assembled   from   1959   to   1962   under   licence   by   Los   Cedros   S.A. As Heinkel in Argentina, they were built alongside Studebaker pickups. Production   began   in   March   1956   with   the   Kabine   Model   150,   using   the   174   cc   9.2   hp   single- cylinder   four-stroke   engine   that   powered   the   Heinkel   Tourist   scooter.   In   October   1956,   Heinkel introduced   the   Kabine   Model   153   (with   three   wheels)   and   the   Kabine   Model   154   (with   four wheels),   both   with   204   cc   engines.   The   engines   in   these   models   were   later   reduced   in   capacity to 198 cc for insurance purposes. The   Kabine   had   a   steel   unit   body.   Access   to   the   interior   was   by   an   opening   front,   but   in   order not   to   infringe   Iso   Rivolta's   patent   used   on   the   Isetta,   the   steering   wheel   did   not   move   with   the door.   However,   it   did   feature   a   reverse   gear,   unlike   some   other   bubble   cars.   The   fabric   sun   roof served   as   an   emergency   escape   hatch   should   the   sole   door   in   front   become   jammed   in   a collision.



Engine 198 cc 2 cylinders Power 10 HP Top speed 87 km/h Lenght/width 2,69 m/1,37 m Weight 273 kg
Photos mainly by Matti Kreivilä. Historical facts and technical details of the vehicles provided by Wikipedia. Movies YouTube.